Want to join a community garden in your area?
Go to www.communityfoods.org.au for a complete list of community gardens in Australia.
Think community gardens are a great idea?
Write a letter to your state’s minister for housing, and ask them to support community gardening initiatives.
Want to start your own community garden?
Here are some tips:
* First, start a committee. These are they people that will be most involved in the garden project. Remember, the most important part of community garden is community. Don’t go it alone!
* With your committee, decide where your garden will be, and what it will grow.
* Decide on a plot of land, but make sure to speak with the owner before you start gardening.
* Make sure you know what you’re doing! Research how to plant and care for specific plants before you plant them.
* Gain support from your community, including neighbours and your city council if possible.
Why should people do this?
American Community Gardening Association, Tips on starting a community garden http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/kindergarden/Ch...